I’m extremely surprised that my post on “Five Tips to dressing up a big chop” has been chosen for IFBs, Links á la Mode, a weekly blog post round up. The theme for this week is Nostalgic Summer & I must say, I am very honored to be featured among great articles written by a group of very talented bloggers.
Thank you Ashley for the consideration,
The Nostalgia of Summer
It’s been a long time since I’ve edited LaLM, but it’s how I began my time as an IFB contributor. It seems appropriate to return during the summer because it’s always been the season for nostalgia. It doesn’t help that I turn 30 this summer, something I look forward to with a great, child-like enthusiasm. It also makes me think about the last 10 years of my life, where I’ve gone, and how far I’ve come.
Somewhere in the heart of these posts is a sense of nostalgia they bring out in me. Whether it’s the childlike enthusiasm over nails that resemble a sprinkled ice cream cone and reminiscing about my first time watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s or thinking about high-school physics with fashion, how I got out of credit card debt, or the changing tide of the blogosphere, I hope these posts stir a bit of nostalgia in you, too. (Or at least inspire you to start rewatching The Nanny on Netflix.)
Or, as The In Club asks, maybe we’re just too damned nostalgic.
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- A Beautyfull Word: To Be Perfect: The Impossible Goal
- A la Mode St: Eye Spy Spy Clothing!
- Alysa Life: 10 Life Lessons from Nanny Fine
- Coverrated: Men’s Right to Fashion
- E l l e S e e s: Sprinkles Nails
- FASHSTASH: The bag speaks for itself | Desti Saint
- Fashion Thrill: The Beauty Benefits and Uses of Coconut Oil | Skin
- Fear No Beauty: Vanity Projects Is Elevating the Status of Nail Art
- Fierce: Fashion Bloggers It’s Time to Step Up!
- Hunting in Heels: How to sleep in style: Audrey Hepburn
- The In Club: Are We Overly Nostalgic?
- Lara Lizard: Your best age is now
- Ms. Dee Kay: OOTD 5 tips to dressing up a Big Chop, Fade, TWA, short hair
- Ms. Fabulous: The Evolution of Scuba Style
- Rose & Pine: As If! A Guide to Cher Horowitz’s Wardrobe!
- Stilettos & Tequila: Are You A Shopaholic Who Maxes Out On A Credit Card?
- Style Bizarre: Personal Blogs: How Much is Too Much?
- The Sparkling Spell: Taylor Swift’s Fashion Evolution
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: Laser cutting
- Wild Beauty: Child Model Law Passed Unanimously in New York