So if you don’t know about Naptural85′s DIY oil mixture or what I’m talking about… I urge you to go check out Naptural85’s video right now!
My hair and skin loves this stuff! I have been using this mixture for a while now and I wanted to write about my experience.
So first things first…How do you make it? An easy way to find out is to watch her video.
For those of you like me who love illustrations/documentations…I got something for you.
So what are the benefits of all these oils? Listed are just some of the many benefits of the individual oils for our hair and skin.
- Penetrates the skin and provides a shield of moisture, keeping the skin smooth and supple.
- Soaks into the skin without making it feel greasy.
- Great moisturizer especially during the dry cold winter months.
- Contains free radicals that help fight aging and skin damage.
- Good deep conditioner for dry or damaged hair.
- When used lightly can help combat frizz.
- Acts as an anti dandruff.
- Strengthens the hair.
- Helps maintain the oil balance in the scalp and prevent overbuild up that may clog hair follicles.
- Great moisturizer (Keeps moisture locked in hair strands).
- A close match to our natural hair/skin oil sebum therefore helps balance and maintain the balance of oil on our scalp and skin
- Acts as a protective shield from bacteria and dirt.
- Helps reduce and prevent stretch marks.
- Penetrates skin prevents viruses and bacteria helping to cure acne.
- Helps heal scars.
- Thickens eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Prevents hair loss and helps regenerate hair by protecting the scalp.
- Using castor oil on scalp and roots of your hair helps regenerate hair growth and thickens the hair.
- Leaves hair soft and shiny.
- Prevents stretch marks.
- Removes moles and warts.
- Removes age spots.
- a humectant meaning it retains and/or preserves moisture.
- It is a good moisturizer which softens the skin.
- It can be used to reduce dry flaky itchy skin caused by eczema psoriasis and rashes.
- Can also be used on scalp to relive dryness and to condition hair.
- It is great for all skin types.
- It is non greasy and easily absorbed.
- Improves complexion and glow.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Lightens dark circles under the eyes.
- Cures chapped lips and body rashes.
- Softens and moisturizes skin and hair.
- Helps heal sunburn, scars and reduces age spots.
- relieves dryness of skin and itching caused by eczema and psoriasis.
- assists in rejuvenation and regeneration of skin. Increases amount of collagen on skin.
- lightweight and easily absorbed by hair and skin.
- strengthens hair and gives it shine.
- has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Vitamin E oil:
- provides moisture as well as antioxidant properties.
- Can be used for skin healing and preservation.
- Prevents and repairs free radical damage great for brown spots and scars.
- Helps repair split ends and hair damaged from heat (blow drying), curling and coloring.
- Can be used to heal or prevent sunburn and chapped lips.
- Speeds up cell regeneration.
- Promotes blood circulation to the scalp.
So how do I personally use this oil mixture?
For my Hair:
1. As a Preshampoo and deep hot oil treatment
The night before my wash I usually braid my hair in four sections and apply the oil from roots to end trying to coat all strands while I separate them and dry detangle. Once done I put on a plastic cup and a satin scarf and leave it in overnight.
The next morning my hair is usually deeply moisturized and this makes my detangling session in the shower much easier.
2. As a sealant
After I wash my hair and use my leave in conditioner of choice, I usually add some drops of the oil prior to styling my hair to lock in moisture.
Also Every morning and night after I apply my aloe vera and water mix I follow up with the oil to seal the moisture in.
Most of the time it is the only product I use when re-twisting at night. It helps me achieve elongated and stretched twist outs in the morning.
My husband also uses the oil for his hair and it keeps it moisturized and shiny throughout the day.
For my Skin:
1. Body Oil:
I use it on my body especially now during pregnancy I have been rubbing it on my belly.
I really believe the combination of all these beneficial oils has a therapeutic effect on my body. After a warm/hot shower and massaging this oil over my skin I usually feel more relaxed and prepared to tackle the day in the morning or ready for a good night sleep during the nights.
I also use it on my face as a light oil moisturizer. Since it can get really cold here in Sweden, my face tends to get dried up quite a bit especially in the morning when I wake up. So after I wash my face, I use a few drops to keep it moisturized.
2. Lip Oil.
I take a little bit of shea butter on the palm of my hand and add a drop of the oil. It melts the shea butter and I use it to moisten my lips especially during the winter months, when my lips are more prone to drying and getting chapped.
I also use the same technique (use it to melt some shea butter..) to apply it on my 3 year old sons skin and he loves it.
3. Make up removal
I add a few drops to a cotton ball and use it to wipe out make up from my face.
The whole family loves this oil, thanks Naptural 85!
So where do I shop for my oil ingredients?
So right now I live in Stockholm Sweden, and it gets kind of hard buying large bottles of natural oils. I have gone to several health shops and they stock tiny little bottles which don’t last me very long.
So I order most of my oils from amazon from a shop called “Naissance” (they are on amazon.co.uk) and mostly ship to Europe. They sell up to 1 to 5 liter bottles if you like. An added bonus for UK residents, they usually have free shipping deals. I love them because they are really fast and prompt with their deliveries. I get my Vitamin E Oil from another shop also on amazon called “The Aromatherapy Shop” also on amazon.co.uk. (PS: Not a sponsored post, this is my personal experience)
The only oil I get from local grocery stores is Olive Oil, which is readily available.
The links to the oils I buy below, just incase someone wants to check them out or order from there.
- 500ml Jojoba Golden Oil, Certified Organic – 100% Pure Cold Pressed
- 500ml Organic Castor Oil – 100% Pure Cold Pressed
- 500ml Sweet Almond Oil – 100% Pure Cold Pressed
- 500ml Organic Avocado Oil – 100% Pure Carrier Oil
- Natural Vitamin E Oil 500ml l Size
- Soft N Style Applicator Bottle -240 ml
Now here are some questions for you guys!
Are there any naturals in Sweden or Europe region? How do you shop for your natural oils? Do you have any recommendations for affordable places to get natural oils?
And to everyone else have you used Naptural 85’s oil mixture? How do you use it? And what do you love about it?
Share your comments, suggestions below…I really look forward to hearing your experiences.
By the way Naptural85( Whitney) and her husband (Filipe) just welcomed their daughter Olivia into the world. I would like to give them congratulations on their new blessing and addition to their family.
Until Next Time
Ms. Dee Kay