In 2012, Solange Knowles was notable for her fierce fashion sense and bold fro. Its safe to say that she was a force to reckon with, a style icon and a fashionista in her own right.
Even though she never considered herself part of the natural hair movement, the natural hair community embraced her style and sense of uniqueness.
In 2012, I was truly loving her style, such a breath of fresh air and here are my favorites…♥
2. Solange at Fashion Week pairing white and brown with a combination of gold and animal print. Not to forget the orange lip. So chic and stylish.
3. At a Times Square event, in a bold printed blazer to highlight her minimalist black top and shorts. A splash of a bold pink clutch to match with the colorful blazer. She toned it down with a neutral pink lip and clear strappy sandals.
If you follow her blog, you would know that her fashion sense does not stop at red carpet events. It seems like this girl lives and breathes all things fashion. Here are some pictures of her spotted in the streets.
1. Solange was seen casually riding a bike with her son near the Hudson River in a mustard romper that compliments her bike and bag, with simple strapped sandals. Of course you cant miss the vintage yellow matching sunglasses and her favorite shade of red lipstick.
2. Solange was spotted at the Milan Fashion Week in a blue and white printed mini dress with a matching blazer and strappy sandals.
3. Spotted outside Nobu in NY in a white blouse matched with a black print pencil skirt. She wore bold colored peep-toes to bring color to the outfit.
1. Solange DJing at Saks Fifth Avenue in a printed blouse, black shorts and strappy sandals. Casual sophistication.
2. A long red coat adds the perfect pop of color to this white, brown and animal print combo.
3. At the launch of Stella McCartney’s Resort 2013 collection, she wore one of the dresses from the collection with strappy sandals and her bold red lip.
There is nothing more feminine and sexy than a girl in a well fitted skirt. Here Solange plays with color, prints and contrast to bring edge to her skirt styles.
1. At a portrait shoot in SXSW in Texas, I love how she mixed the red skirt, with a white top and brown sandals. But she didn’t stop there she added the yellow belt for a bold edge.
2. Here she paired a yellow skirt, with a gray top and who would think that an animal print coat would match this combination. The bold pink studded clutch added the right punch of color to this mix…so much sass!
3. Solange is not one known to shy away from bold colors and patterns, and this is why we love her sense of style. Here she paired 3 different types of patterns with a yellow clutch.
I surely love her boldness when it comes to experimenting with her style, she is one of my style inspirations and I sincerely can’t wait to see how she will push the boundaries of fashion this year…
Do you love Solange’s style? Which one of these are your favorite?